Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 14, 2012

Windshield Patterns


"Windshield Patterns"


There was something very special about watching the windshied wipers continuously make a pattern on the windshield in a back-and-forth motion during a rainy day.  This time was even more of a certain type of coincidence as well special time because it was at least a month after John F. Kennedy's assassination, and I sence a certain type of heaviness that was still lingering around America then.  Oddly enough, I was at the age of four at that particular time and could not totally process all of the political events that were really swirling around our country at that time. For a very long time, I have referred to rain as God's tears - especially when it was at least a month since that presidential assassination.  Yes, that was a very tragic time in America, however; we as Americans grieved for a while and then we began to carry on with our lives...  

Now, it was a little over a month after that tragic event, but many people, like my family and I tended to carry on - especially as we as a family were traveling from Tuscaloosa to both Prattville and then on to Montgomery to spend the Christmas holidays with our relatives.  My father was the one who drove the then-new station wagon, my mother was sitting by the window with a big overcoat over both her legs and lap, I was sitting between both parents, all of my three siblings were sitting in the back seat, and last but not least, our pieces of luggage were in the back deck.

With all of those events that were swirling across America, people as well my family and me were getting into the holiday traveling season, I as a child found myself so mesmerised by the repetitive patterns of the windshild wipers onto the windshield during a rainy winter day.

Title: "Windshield Patterns"

Size: 8" W X 6" H

Media: Watercolor on drawing paper.

Price and Purchasing Ideas... 
Please check out Daily Paintworks, under the "Blame It On The 
Rain" Challenge.
                                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment