Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Wow! Bless Your Heart!"

"Wow!  Bless Your Heart!"


There was a very special man who meant so much to the students as well the faculty members at Shaw High School during the 1970's and 1980's.  His name was Mr. John Gray who always said: "Bless your heart".  Mr. Gray's very famous trademark of "Bless your heart" etched into many people's hearts - especially of those who either attended or worked at Shaw High School in Mobile, Alabama.  I, too, was touched and had my heart "blessed" by this special man.

It was once on a very cloudy morning when I was feeling so "blah" inside when I saw Mr. Gray stood in the doorway of the same classroom where it was used as homeroom.  He stated these very special words that eventually "etched" into my heart which are: "Mary Compton is a young lady who has character, she is very sweet, and you all are blessed to have her in this homeroom.  Mary Compton, "Bless your heart".  From that experience, I felt so uplifted from Mr. Gray because I can strongly sense that special presence of the Lord that surrounded Mr. Gray that I can title this painting and blog, "Wow! Bless Your Heart!".  Now, that is an awesome experience that I can say that my feelings are so uplifted that I did put this painting under "The Emotion" painting  challenge through the Daily Paintworks.

Title:  "Wow! Bless Your Heart!"

Size: 5" W X 7" H

Media: Coffee and White Watercolor Paint on the Back of Grass Cloth

Note: Please see Daily Paintworks under "The Emotion" Painting Challenge category

No comments:

Post a Comment